H is for Honey Mustard Chicken for The Kids Cook Monday


With chicken being one of the proteins that Bear and Bee will eat (aside from bacon and sausages) many of our family dinners are chicken based.  Honey Mustard Chicken has long been a favourite of mine, and where I used to buy a ready made honey mustard marinade I now have my own home made version.


We had our Honey Mustard Chicken with rice, carrots and broccoli but it teams up equally well with mashed potato and green beans.  By the way, neither Bear nor Bee were interested in helping cook dinner tonight.  I won't force them to help as I don't want them to think cooking is a chore.  I did manage to coax Bear into helping me make the marinade but that was it.


Honey Mustard Chicken
Serves 4

Download a free printable of this recipe here.

Ingredients 
1 tablespoon dijon mustard 
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
2 tablespoons honey 
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 small single chicken breast fillets
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Method

Honey Mustard Chicken
Honey Mustard Chicken
 Honey Mustard Chicken
1. Whisk together the mustards, honey and lemon juice in a small bowl. 

2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat.


Honey Mustard Chicken

3. Cook the chicken fillets in the pan for 7-8 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.

Honey Mustard Chicken

4.  Baste the chicken with half of the honey mustard sauce for the last two minutes of cooking.

Honey Mustard Chicken

5.  Place chicken on plates and top with remaining honey mustard sauce.  Serve with steamed vegetables and rice.  I didn't add any extra sauce to Bear and Bee's plate as I knew they would be put off by the wholegrain mustard.






No comments:

Post a Comment